The Ocean at the End of the Lane

The ocean at the end of the lane was a very interesting book. I barely noticed the entire time that the author didn’t even introduce the narrator. This book was actually pretty immersive, and i enjoyed the read. It wasn’t as dreadful as some of the other ones, and it was like playing an open world video game, I got lost in the pages. The ending left me wanting more but was also unsettling in a way. The book had a multitude of weird twists and turns, there were a lot of lows that shared some highs. But it was overall a very weird and interesting book. It didn’t seem to reflect a lot of the common themes in what I’ve read through out the course of this semester, it didn’t take place long long ago in the distant past, or far ahead in the vast and expansive future. It didn’t really play up the “myth” aspect like I had expected going into it. I thought this book would be something unnaturalistic like in what has been read in past weeks. But the common themes and overall immersiveness was a nice change.

Comments

Popular Posts